LITERARY VEGANISM
Literary Veganism is an online journal to which I submitted a flash fiction piece titled, "Favorite Things," two days ago. Their incredibly fast turnaround and enthusiastic response currently make them one of my favorite journals to tout since, as we all know, writers generally spend a ridiculous amount of time waiting for journals to give a yay or nay to their submissions, to the extent that I've often wondered "will I still be alive by the time I hear from them?"
That said, Literary Veganism is a sharp enterprise focused on an extremely worthy cause so I recommend them to anyone interested in writing poetry or prose with their mission in mind. The editors require you to email your proposal, what you intend to submit, and if they're interested, ask you to send it along. You do not have to be a vegan, but your work and theme should align with their mission and goals. In case you wonder, here they are:
"MISSION: To help promote veganism since by definition vegans live, as best they can, without hurting, harming, or persecuting animals either by eating them, experimenting on them, wearing their skins or participating in practices that use animals for entertainment.
"GOALS: To publish high-quality prose, fiction, and poetry on this site that is in line with our basic principles and mission."
https://www.litvegan.net/2026/07/fiction-by-arya-f-jenkins.html

Comments
Post a Comment